Sunday, March 20, 2011

5 Years Old!

As of Friday, March 18, I have a 5-year-old! I can't believe where the time went. I swear he was just born a few weeks ago. I must have blinked because he is all grown up. There are so many incredible, sweet, wonderful things about Kyler. However, sometimes those strengths can also be challenging. He is very bright and tends to ask tough questions and doesn't accept easy answers. He will keep pushing until he is satisfied with the answer. But it is great that he is inquisitive and truly wants to understand something.

We had scheduled a birthday party for him at a park with the train just like we did last year. However the weather just would not cooperate for us. We held out as long as we could, hoping things would clear up. But the day before, we had to cancel the train party. We moved the party to an indoor play place which was less than ideal. However, Kyler still turned 5 and still had fun with his friends. That was the important part.

Kyler and I had been planning for a couple months what kind of cupcakes he wanted. He picked lions. So he helped me shop for what we needed, pick out the kind of cake, etc. And he helped me make them. It was so much fun. I am not a creative person, but I copied the idea from a cupcake book I borrowed from a friend and they were really easy. They took FOREVER to put together, but it wasn't hard at all; just time-consuming. I am really happy with how they turned out and they were a big hit with the kids!

He was VERY excited about turning 5. He started counting down the days until his birthday immediately after Caden's birthday (January 9). The morning of his birthday, as soon as he woke up, he came running out of his room and shouted, “I'M FIVE!!!” I would say he is very happy about that. :)

Kyler helping pull the licorice apart to get ready to assemble the lions.

More supplies: cheerios for ears, red hots for noses, and blue M&Ms for eyes. It was Kyler's idea to put them in color-coordinated bowls!

The first finished cupcake

Thank goodness I was only making 24! They were a ton of work, but very cute.

Kyler spelled this out on our fridge the morning of his birthday. :)

Present time: he loves legos

At home with the family after the party.

Happy birthday to my big 5-year-old. We love you!

0 comments: