Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

At school, Kyler made two smiley face flower magnets and a smiley face flower bookmark for Mother's Day. He was so excited about them and couldn't wait for me to open them. And, to make my gift even more special, he gave me $1 of his own money! It is so incredibly sweet of him to share that with me. Such a sweetheart to give me something he values so much. He loves getting money so for him to give me some of his is pretty special.


 
Sabbath afternoon before Mother's Day, I spent a nice, relaxing afternoon in the backyard with the boys. We took the opportunity to take some photos of us together. I sure love those kids!


On Mother's Day itself, May 13, we took a trip to Palouse Falls State Park. This is located in Central/Eastern Washington. We invited my parents from Coeur d'Alene, ID, and my sister who lives in Spokane, WA to join us. We thought it would be fun to make it a family affair and spend the day together. Unfortunately my sister in Portland was unable to join us.

Me, Caden, Cheryl, Melissa, Mom, Rylan, Kyler

Me with my Mom

My Mom and Dad

My sister Cheryl, My Mom, and Me

But the rest of us met at Palouse Falls and had a nice hike down to the falls. It is a unique setting because the waterfall drops into a canyon that is along the Palouse. They are rolling hills planted with crops. It's hard to believe there is a waterfall out there, but when you get there, you see it all of a sudden coming out of the gorge. It's quite a little hike down to the point closest to the falls. Greg carried Caden in a hiking backpack and off we went. It was a very hot day! But we all made it and had a good time.

Beautiful Palouse Falls

My amazing family - I am so blessed!

My sweet boys


Kyler standing with the falls behind him

Caden with the falls behind him

Greg with Caden in the backpack

The boys having fun together!

When we were done with the hike, we got out the food we brought for a picnic lunch. It was a really good day and I am so glad to be able to spend it with my family. It was probably the best Mother's Day I've had since becoming a mother. I feel truly blessed by my family!

0 comments: