Thursday, August 6, 2009

Caden's Heart Cath Follow-Up

On Tuesday, August 4, I took Caden in to see Dr. Van Gundy for his heart catheterization follow-up. I figured it was pretty routine and wasn't too concerned about it since he had already told me what they had found during the cath. The only thing I really wanted to talk to him about was Caden's medications and if we could start to wean the two remaining. Before I could even ask him about it, he said he wanted me to wean the blood pressure med to once/day (from twice/day) for two or three days and then stop completely. And, he said once that one was done, wait a couple more days and stop the Lasix, which we've only been giving once/day. So, as of this weekend, Caden will be completely done with all his meds!!! I'm so excited about that. One less thing to deal with. :) Little by little we are getting there. Now if we could only get him off the feeding tube...

3 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

Fabulous News! Just read your post about your back...too bad there isn't medicine for that! Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Tamra

Fer said...

Great news!