Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Helping in Kyler's Preschool Classroom

On Tuesday, October 6, I had the joy of helping in Kyler's preschool classroom. The teachers allow one parent per schoolday to help in the room and you are not allowed to help more than once/month because they want to give everybody an opportunity to help out. And we are not allowed to take siblings in with us. That makes perfect sense to me since they would be a distraction for both the mother and the other children. Thankfully my mom was here and was able to watch Caden at home for me while I went to the classroom with Kyler.

It was so much fun! When I got there, I got Kyler taken care of and then I got the snacks ready for snack-time and then moved around the room and helped out wherever I was needed. Helping kids wash their hands after art projects, hanging up wet art to dry, cleaning tables after crafts, cleaning up toys and washing dishes after snack. I also got to participate in circle time and sing songs with the class, watch the kids play on the playground and take part in story time.

I was a little concerned that Kyler might misbehave while I was there, but he was so sweet! I couldn't believe how well he listened and obeyed during school. I figure if he was acting any worse while I was there, he must do very well the rest of the time. I am so proud of him! He's such a big boy. I love being a stay-at-home mom so I can do these things with my child. He was so happy to have me there and keeps asking me to come again. What a sweetheart!

Here are some pictures of our morning together.











0 comments: