Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

On Thursday, October 8, I got to enjoy another fun day with Kyler's preschool class: a field trip to the pumpkin patch. My mom and Caden came along as well. It was so much fun! We met the rest of the class and teachers there at 9:30 and listened to someone tell about the pumpkins and the farm there. Then we went on a hay ride followed by feeding the goats and checking out all the animals. Then it was on to the corn maze, hay bales and slides. Then we got to pick out pumpkins and then have snack. Kyler did so well and loved it! Caden spent most of the time in the stroller but he did great also.

I was also able to make a connection with a couple of the moms there. One of them is friends with a mom in Hearts of Hope and has a good idea of what it means to have a child with a congenital heart defect (CHD). And, the other mom has a CHD herself and had open heart surgery at the age of 2 ½. She also has a 6-month-old with a CDH. It made me feel instantly more comfortable with them. What a blessing. I'm telling you, God puts the right people in your lives just when you need them!

It's things like field trips that make me so thankful to be a stay-at-home mom. I really don't want to miss out on these things. What wonderful memories we can make with our children and I look forward to many more! Enjoy the pictures of the day.







0 comments: