Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Warm Water Therapy

Sorry for all the posts recently about warm water therapy. However, Caden is finally tolerating being in the water. In the beginning, he used to just scream hysterically the whole time so I had to be in the water with him. At first he would only allow me to hold him. Slowly he allowed Erik to hold him and touch him but I still had to be in the water in close proximity to him.

But as things have progressed, he is getting better with that also. A couple weeks ago he had his first full 50-minute session in the water without me with him. He tolerated it but didn't love it. He fussed off and on. But this last week, for the first time, Caden got in the water with Erik, cried for about 30 seconds, then was happy the rest of the session. He still wanted me nearby on the edge of the pool. But he is definitely building trust with Erik which is great! I am really happy with how he is doing. So here is yet another video of him in the water. :)




0 comments: