Saturday, June 4, 2011

Last Day of Preschool

Friday, June 3 was Kyler's last day of preschool. Like I just mentioned in a recent post, we are so sad to be leaving this school. The teachers have been such great influences in Kyler's life and we are grateful for all of them! You can see God's love shining through each of them. They love what they do and it shows.

As teacher thank-you gifts, I found these printable “flash cards” online and printed a set for each of his 6 teachers. In addition, I wrote a special thank you card for each one and baked a mini loaf of pumpkin bread.

It was a very teary day for both me and Kyler. He cried in the car on the way to school. He cried when I took him inside and handed him off to the teachers. He cried again when I came to pick him up. (This from a boy who didn't shed a tear the 1st day of preschool when he was 3 years old!) He truly loves this school, his teachers and the friends he has made there. I also cried when I said goodbye to all the teachers. I was the very last parent to leave. I guess I wanted to savor every last moment. :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Miss Diane, Miss Sharon, Miss Sherry, Miss Nicole, Miss Debbie, and Miss Shellee! We love you and miss you already!

The flash cards I printed for them - I thought they were so cute! (T is for Thoughtful, E is for Engaging, A is for Attentive, C is for Creative, H is for Helpful, E is for Encouraging, R is for Resourceful)

All wrapped up in pretty bows (thank you card and flash cards)

Miss Diane

Miss Nicole

Miss Sharon

Miss Shellee

Miss Sherry

Miss Debbie

We love you and will miss you!

0 comments: