Sunday, March 18, 2012

6 Years Old!

I can't believe my firstborn, my baby boy, turned 6 years old today! It doesn't seem possible! He is so grown up. That makes me both very sad and very happy... all at the same time. :( :)


Yesterday at church, they celebrated his birthday by singing to him and he got a book and some Play Doh. Today, we had a few kids over for a small party. I decided to do a Lego-themed birthday cake because we are taking him to Legoland for his birthday (we leave tomorrow!).

(L-R): Anabella, Miles, Kyler, Caden, Mateo, Mason

My big 6 year old with the family


I am not the best cake maker or decorator, but my friend who made Caden's cake was not available to make Kyler's cake. So I did my best. I did two Lego brick cakes with 6 dots each. I found a good recipe for being able to cut the cake easily without it crumbling. And, for the dots on top of the cake, I used the giant marshmallows cut in half. I have to say, even though it is far from perfect, I am really happy with how it turned out!





He really liked the cakes!


I made a name plate for Kyler out of Legos. And, Greg made a “6” to stand up on the cake plate. We used 6 Lego men to decorate and had 6 candles. Overall, I think it was pretty cute. :)






The final product


I asked Kyler this afternoon if he had a good birthday and his response was, “I've had a really good day, Mom!” That makes it all worth it! I am so happy Kyler had a fun party and enjoyed his Lego cakes. Now I have to finish getting ready for our trip to Southern CA tomorrow! :)

Happy Birthday Kyler! I love you so much and am so proud of you and the young man you are becoming! xoxo

0 comments: