Friday, December 14, 2012

Solo

A couple weeks ago, Kyler came home from school and told us he had to do a solo during one of the songs for the Christmas program for K-2. I couldn't believe he was going to do it! He was not impressed about it or excited about doing it, but he learned his verse quickly to “O Come Little Children.” He would never sing it for me so I never knew how well he knew it or not. But he told me he sang it for his music teacher when they practiced so I guess that was good.


The big night came for the Kindergarten-2nd grade Christmas program. Thursday, December 13 at 6:30 pm. I was so excited because I was going to be able to finally hear him sing his part! Before the program we took a couple pictures of him in his choir robe. Then I headed to the church to take my seat right up front so I could get good pictures of the event.

In his choir robe before the program

All of the Kindergarten-2nd Grade Students

His solo was in the second half of the program so we enjoyed all the music leading up to that. All the kids did a great job with their parts. When Kyler's turn came he was really nervous but he stood there and waited for the 2nd verse. He did such an incredible job and I am so very proud of him! There is a 3rd verse to the song but he didn't stay in front for the rest of the choir to finish singing. He practically ran back to his seat, almost knocking kids down in his row in order to get back to his chair. I was cracking up! He is so funny! 




 
Kyler, we are so incredibly proud of you! You did so amazing with your solo! Way to go! :)

0 comments: