Thursday, February 19, 2009

Surgery is Over

I just spoke with the pediatric surgeon. She said Caden is out of surgery and that he was stable throughout the procedure. She said they were able to do it laparoscopically even though they weren't sure they would be able to or not. She said he did have to have a small blood transfusion but it wasn't anything serious, he just had a little oozing. She did say he was still intubated and would remain so for now. Even though I am worried about how easily he will come off the ventilator, I want him to remain stable. So, if that means he needs to stay on the vent for now, I guess that's what he has to do. Hopefully he will be able to come off in the next couple days though. I am just praising God for being with Caden throughout his surgery and for keeping him safe. Thank you all for your prayers as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carey, I'm so glad this surgery is over now and that God brought him through it. Will continue praying that his recovery is good.
Love and prayers,
Aunt Ev

Anonymous said...

Hi Carey,

Dede and I are following every detail of your journey. We get encouraged after you report a jump over another hurdle. As always, we continue to pray for everyone involved.

Love,

Dede and John

Fer said...

Keeping Caden in my prayers.
Love,
Fer