Saturday, July 11, 2009

Always Changing

You would think I would learn that things are always changing and just go with it. But I still manage to get stressed out about it because I am a planner and I want to be able to plan how things go. Apparently this is something God REALLY wants me to learn to let go of! I can be a little thick in the head sometimes.

Anyway, Caden was supposed to have a bronchoscopy on Monday morning to take a look at his vocal cords. But when we saw Caden's GI doctor on Tuesday, she wanted to combine that with an endoscopy and ph probe. She doesn't do the bronchoscopy, so it requires coordinating the schedule with another doctor in order to get it all done at once. But we really wanted to combine them in order to minimize the times Caden has to be put under anesthesia. So, Friday afternoon, I finally got word that the procedures would be scheduled for next Friday, July 17. It will be a different doctor than originally planned doing the bronchoscopy, but that was the way it had to be in order to get it to work.

This just means that Greg has to change his work schedule yet again in order to accommodate being off next Friday. We're just lucky he has a flexible enough job that he can do that on such short notice. But I'm really hoping that everything is set now and won't get changed. I don't handle change well. In the meantime, we still have our regular busy week ahead of us with all our regular appointments. Life is never dull, that's for sure!

We could really use your prayers for Caden as we get ready for the procedures this next Friday. Because they are putting him under general anesthesia, that really makes me nervous. This is the first “procedure” of any kind that has been done since we left the hospital four months ago. Also, please pray for the doctor to be able to identify what is causing Caden to retch so much so that we might be able to resolve the problem and make him more comfortable.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Maybe my husband will have him if he ends up in the PICU/Concentrated care part of SMH. Alot of times he is the charge nurse so you can run to him if you have any questions. His name is Carl.