Tuesday, September 8, 2009

State Fair

I have a lot of catching up to do on blog entries... Too busy! On Thursday, August 27, Kyler and I went to the California State Fair. Our heart support group had tickets so we got to go. Unfortunately Greg had to work and Caden couldn't be in the sun due to his antibiotics. So, it was just me and Kyler. I thought we would have a lot of fun. However, that day I think the temperature was over 100 and we went in the early afternoon which is Kyler's nap/quiet time. He was very cranky and whiny the whole time. He wanted to be in the shade all the time (I can't blame him for that) and wanted me to carry him. I haven't really carried him much at all in the last year and I was exhausted. Of course I had forgotten to bring the stroller so it was either carry him or not move. :(

We met up with another mom from Hearts of Hope with her two kids and spent an hour or so with them. We went to see the animals and Kyler got to see the new baby calves and piglets. He liked that quite a bit. We also indulged in a deep fried S'more. I guess I was just trying to clog up my arteries once and for all! We walked around a little bit, got free M&M's ice cream sandwiches, rode a couple rides (Ky loved the Monorail) and headed out. We were barely there two hours but we couldn't have stood it much longer. It was so hot and Kyler was whining so much. But when we got in the car to drive home, he said, “Mommy, I had SO MUCH FUN!” It's hard to believe since he certainly didn't act like it. But at least we tried. :)

Deep Fried S'More

Trying to rehydrate



Touching the snake! He's braver than his Mommy!

With our M&M ice cream sandwiches

Kyler really enjoyed his


Very hot and ready to go home

0 comments: