Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

Today was Kyler's 1st day of preschool or pre-K, however you want to call it. It has been a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG summer and I was literally counting down the hours until school started this morning!

I prepped Kyler the day/night before about what would be happening. We laid his clothes out and got ready to go. I copied another friend's idea and got a little mini chalk board for Kyler to hold, showing the event and the date. (Thanks Jen!)

Greg and I took pictures with him and then after he finished breakfast, we were off to school. I told Kyler he would see many of the same friends from last year and there would also be some new ones. There is one new teacher this year that he didn't have last year so I told him her name. Being in the 4's class is going to be different than the 3's so I wanted him to realize that before he got there.

He was excited to be there and back in the familiar classroom. I stayed for a few minutes as he got settled in but he certainly wasn't sad to see me leave. He's very independent! When I arrived to pick him up, he came without a fight but told me he really didn't want to leave. I am so happy he is able to be there at this great school. What a blessing! I am looking forward to this school year. I know he will do well and thrive there.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday he's there from 9-Noon. The great thing about that for him is that he doesn't have to come to some of Caden's therapy appointments anymore as I have a couple of them scheduled while Kyler is in school. That will be nice for him. All in all, I am really excited about this school year!





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos, Carey! Kyler is one handsome lil preschool man! :)