Monday, January 31, 2011

Boring Heart

On January 21, I had an echocardiogram. Don't worry, I wasn't having symptoms of something wrong. I just really felt I should have one since I have two children with congenital heart defects (CHD). No one really knows why that is the case since we are not aware of anyone else in either my family or Greg's family with a CHD.

At any rate, for my own peace of mind, I talked to my primary care doctor and was more than willing to order an echo for me. He said he really didn't think it would show a problem, but he thought it was a good idea to check things out. And, I want Greg to have one as well just in case he has something going on. Since we have the same primary care doctor, I don't think that will be a problem, just a matter of scheduling all the necessary appointments.

I've been waiting to hear the results of the echo, and finally, on January 31, I received a message telling me that the echo was negative, meaning there was nothing unusual to report and my heart looked great! I have to say, I am greatly relieved to have a nice, boring heart. I can't tell you how much I appreciate boring! There are very few things in my life that I can use that term for. I am glad my heart is one of them. :)

0 comments: