Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ice Skating

Sunday, February 26 we went to the birthday party of two of Kyler's classmates: Lexi and Megyn. They share the same birthday of March 1 and decided to celebrate together. Lexi just so happens to be the niece of my college roommate, Holly. :)


It was a great opportunity for us to take both the kids ice skating for the first time. I really didn't think Caden would want to skate, but once we got there, he didn't want to be left out and wanted to try it. Luckily for us, they had ice skates that were his size since he has very tiny feet.

So off we went... Kyler used the balance bar off and on for support but still struggled to maintain an upright position. Greg and I took turns supporting Caden so he didn't fall. But I have to say that we all had a really fantastic time! Kyler had such a great attitude about the whole thing. He is often hesitant to try new things and if he fails (in this case, falls), he often does NOT want to try it again. But today he kept getting right back up and trying again every time he fell down. He did plenty of falling down, but each time, he got back up and kept going. One time he hit his head on the ice pretty good and I told him he could go sit down and take a rest. But he wiped the tear from his cheek and said he wanted to keep going. My heart was bursting with pride! I can't believe how grown up he seemed at that moment. 

On the ice for the first time;
using the balance bar for support

My turn holding Caden up

Greg's turn with Caden

Caden taking a break from skating

My long-time friend, Holly

Holly took this pic of all of us on the ice together
It's a little blurry but still cute

The happy family on ice skates!  :)

This was truly a wonderful time for all of us. And, the icing on the cake for me was getting to spend time with my friend, Holly, also. :) I would love to do something like that again. Not sure it will happen this winter, but maybe next year.

0 comments: