Friday, June 29, 2012

Gracepoint VBS

I was so excited when I realized we would be in California the week our old church had their VBS program. I looked forward to that program every year when we lived there. They do such a great job with the whole thing AND they take 3-year-olds! Most programs don't take kids under age four. This meant that I could take both my kids to VBS this year at our old church. :) This made me a very happy mommy!


I knew Kyler would LOVE VBS because he is just that way. He loves this kind of activity and he was going to be in a crew with his best friend, Brayden. So in his world, life couldn't get much better. Caden on the other hand, wasn't as convinced that VBS was a good thing. He is quite attached to me and he was not too keen on me leaving him in the preschool room with a leader he didn't know. However, there were several kids he knew in his crew so that helped the transition.

For those who aren't familiar, VBS usually happens for a couple hours every day for 5 days. Our church does their program in the evening because they get more volunteers to help at that time instead of doing it during the day when many people are working.

Monday night went pretty well. Caden was sad when I left but he got used to it pretty quickly. I got a couple phone calls from his preschool teacher asking me about snack items that would be okay for him but otherwise, it went really well. Tuesday night, he also did well but was slightly more emotional. By Wednesday night, he was a wreck and didn't want me to leave. I figured after I left, he would calm down and be fine. But he cried quite a bit that night and they ended up calling me to come back and stay with him until the end. The second I got there, he was totally fine. :/ Thursday night, I wasn't sure how he would do but he did okay. He cried a little but he made it through the evening without me needing to come back. Unfortunately we weren't able to be there on Friday night. We had to leave that day to start our drive home.

Overall, it was a great week and both the kids had a good time. They love to sing the songs over and over and over again. They made some good memories!

Here are some pictures of both the kids and at the end is a short video of Caden dancing and doing hand motions to the song on the first night. :)

Caden with his crew during song time

Kyler with his crew getting ready to play games

Caden enjoying sidewalk chalk

I love Kyler's face (middle left in a blue shirt)!

Kyler with his crew being serious

Kyler and his crew being silly!  haha!

Caden with his crew - he's not amused...

Kyler and his crew leader, Ed

Caden with his crew leader, Marcy

The artwork for photo backdrops - amazing!

The backdrop on the stage at the front of the church!

I love Caden dancing around trying to do the
handmotions on the first night of VBS!

0 comments: