Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last Day of School

Friday, June 1 was Kyler's last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe he is done with his first year of school and will be starting 1st grade in the fall! Where did the time go??? I suppose moving to another state in the middle of the year probably makes the year fly by a little faster, but man it went fast!


 Kyler with Mrs. Shafer


The last day was spent with a few parents and all the kids helping clean up the classroom. We re-organized things like crayons, markers, erasers, pencils, books, etc. We threw LOTS away, went through many containers of Clorox wipes and enjoyed popsicles as a treat! At the end of the day, the principal counted down the last seconds of the school year over the intercom along with all the kids. I have a short video of Kyler's class doing the countdown. They're not excited or anything... :)



We have been very blessed for Kyler to have two wonderful, loving, Kindergarten teachers this school year. I am still saddened when I think of his first teacher, Mrs. Vickie Altman, and her passing away shortly after we moved away. But I am glad for Kyler's sake that we were already gone and he didn't have to face that every day. And, I am even more grateful for the wonderful teacher we had in Mrs. Carole Shafer after our move. How did we get so lucky?

0 comments: