Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Delayed

We got a call around 11:30 pm last night telling us surgery had been delayed for three hours. A transplant was taking place during the night and they wouldn't be able to do Caden's surgery until the that was done. We were told to check in at the hospital at 9:00 am. I think this means surgery won't start until after 11:00 but we don't know for sure.


We just checked in and now we wait. Caden is in good spirits. He had a good night's sleep and hasn't asked to have any food yet so that is good. Thank you for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. 

Playing while we wait...

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh the delay and waiting must be hard. I'm happy Caden is in good spirits this morning. Prayers for Caden, the medical team, and Greg, Carey and Kyler today. And here's some promises to claim:

"You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head (as I go)."
Psalm 139:5

I am holding you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God - and I say to you, Don't be afraid; I am here to help you.
Isaiah 41:13

Kambra said...

I started a prayer chain this morning. Have friends that are committed to praying for you all and to share with their prayer chains! I love that he is wearing his yellow shoes!

Shellie D said...

Dear Carey and Greg, Kyler and Caden, Please know that you are not alone while you go through this. We love you and are lifting all of you up during Caden's surgery and afterward. We are so lucky to have you at Eastgate Church. Thank you for being part of our church family. Ryan (age 11) says that he thinks Caden will do well, and we have been praying all this month for him and you. I asked Ryan to pray at school for him today as well. Much love, Shellie and Ryan Daniel

Debbie Williams said...

We have been praying and will continue. Hang in there! Know you are loved by your church family at Eastgate! (((((HUG)))))