Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Perspective

Everything is a matter of perspective. As Greg and I waited outside the CVICU to see Caden, we were sitting in a waiting area with many other people. We were talking to each other when we heard one of the women answer her cell phone. All we heard of the conversation was her telling the person on the other end of the phone that they were keeping the child alive on machines. Her lungs were starting to shut down but they were planning to donate the heart and at least one of the lungs if possible.


This hit me so hard! I started crying and grabbed onto Greg. I can't imagine the pain this family is going through as they are dealing with the loss of this child. I don't know how old the child is, or if it is a boy or a girl. But it was so sobering and my heart broke for them. It just brought me back to how lucky we are. Caden is still with us and we are so fortunate even though we face recovery from open heart surgery. If you would please pray for this family as they mourn the loss of their child. But what a wonderful gift they are giving to another family by donating his/her organs. My heart is heavy for them. Thank you for your prayers and hug your children tight.  They are a gift!

1 comments:

Shellie D said...

Such an awful thing to have to go through! I keep thinking what a glorious day it will be when we get to Heaven, and there will be no more sickness, pain, suffering, or death. The children will be whole and healthy!

Keep going! All of you are doing incredibly well. I wanted to tell you that Ryan asked about little Caden last night. When I told him that Caden had come through his surgery much faster and better than hoped, Ryan shouted, "I told you he would!" :-)

Love to you all, Shellie Daniel