Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Scheduled to be Induced

Well, I am officially scheduled to be induced Friday morning, January 9. The doctor's office called yesterday afternoon to confirm the date/time. I am definitely ready. I am so uncomfortable and I honestly don't think there is enough room inside for Caden to grow anymore. He is digging into my ribs and taking up all the possible space available. So, I'm looking forward to Friday!

We had our last NST and doctor's appointments this morning. Everything looked good on the non-stress test. And, when we saw the doctor, she was able to answer some questions for us in regards to what to expect on Friday. I am hoping they will give me an epidural before they start the pitocin. I tried to explain that I think once the contractions really get going, it is going to go pretty fast and I don't want to miss getting an epidural. She said she was willing to talk to the anesthesiologist about it and try to get that for me, especially since I have already been having contractions and am dilated some also. That made me feel better. But we will see what happens on Friday.

We are supposed to call labor and delivery around 6:30 am to see if they will be ready for me to come in at 7:45 am. Hopefully they will be able to take me then and we can get going fairly quickly. Although I am not looking forward to the actual delivery process, I am anxious to meet Caden. We don't know what is going to happen with him once he is born, but we are assuming they will get him to NICU fairly quickly. Of course we will try to keep everyone updated as we are able. And, we will post pictures as soon as we can also.

Thank you so much for your prayers. The pregnancy is almost over, but our journey is not. We don't know what the next few days or weeks hold, but we know God will be with us and sustain us through whatever we face.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you all the time. Love, Hugs and Prayers are with you and your family.

Melissa Lezinsky

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you!!

Valerie Rexin

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying that all is going well.Sheila may garrow