Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1st Haircut

On Monday, June 28, Caden got his first haircut. Well, his first real haircut anyway. While in the hospital, they shaved half his head to place an IV which was never used anyway. Grrrrr! :( But, since then, we have never cut it.

I have been hesitant to do it for a couple reasons. First of all, I knew it was really going to change how he looked. It was going to make him more grown up and I wasn't ready for that. And, secondly, I knew he would NOT like it and was afraid he might freak out completely and we would botch the whole thing.

Greg has always cut Kyler's hair. In fact he cuts his own hair for the most part also. I knew that we would need to do Caden's ourselves because there is no way he would be able to handle going and having it done anywhere. He is too scared around new people and new places. I hope he grows out of that, but right now he's very timid around most people.

So, we did it ourselves. He's had this “tail” growing long down the back of his neck which I took the scissors to. But once I cut that part off, I handed the scissors over to Greg and he finished the job. I was a little worried about how it would turn out based on how much Caden was jerking his head around and crying. But in the end, I think Greg did a fantastic job. My baby is no more, I have a “toddler” now. He looks so much more mature! But he is still 100% adorable! :)

This is how long Caden's hair was to start with

Greg holding Caden still while I took the first couple cuts

Greg taking his turn cutting

As you can see, he was NOT amused!

He was quite unhappy about the whole situation

The final result turned out pretty good though :)

1 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

That is sooo cute! I like that you cut, and so did Greg! I remember Casey's first haircut...it was more about the "mullet" also! Maybe you can convince me that my 3-year old daughter needs one too!