Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shriner's Update

So I have to post a follow up to my previous entry about Shriner's. As I mentioned I was frustrated with the the appointment time being before the staff was actually there to check us in and the incorrect information about going straight to x-ray instead of checking in first. I really didn't give it too much thought after I posted the entry.

Then, yesterday afternoon my cell phone rang: it was an administrator at Shriner's. She told me her name (which I have already forgotten!) and explained that someone forwarded my blog to her. She said she had never read a blog before and mine was the first. She said she was following up on my comments about my experience the day of our appointments.

As we talked, she told me she had already talked to the people in charge of answering the phones and told them they needed to make sure to let everyone know when they called that they have to check in first and can't go straight to x-ray. (The receptionist in x-ray told me I was not the first person to come in and tell her they had been told this on the phone.)

Then she went on to tell me she had spoken with the unit manager in the check-in area. She let him know if they have staff meetings (or anything else), there needs to always be at least one person there to check patients in.

She was extremely apologetic and very nice about the whole thing. She said she appreciated my feedback even though it was in an unconventional way (via my blog). But she really wanted to assure me steps were being taken to address the problems I faced so others did not have the same frustration. The call left me with very positive feelings about Shriner's and the way they do business and resolve issues. I was very impressed with their initiative to follow up on the problem even though I hadn't addressed my concerns to them directly.

So, if you need to go to Shriner's for anything, be assured that your voice does count. I was taken a little off guard by the phone call because I wasn't expecting that. But, the internet certainly makes the world a smaller place. Thank you Shriner's for caring about quality and your patient's feelings and concerns!

0 comments: