Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Field Trip

On Wednesday, April 6, Kyler's preschool class took a field trip to the Folsom Zoo and Animal Sanctuary. It was a fun trip and I got to bring Caden along as well. The class broke up into small groups of 4 or 5 kids along with their family members and went along with different docents to learn more about the zoo. Kyler's group included three of his favorite friends from school: Ian, Brenden, and Evan. Despite our group being all boys, they did a really good job listening and learning about the various animals at the zoo and animal sanctuary. I learned new information as well. I had no idea that a female peacock is actually called a “peahen” and a baby is called a “peachick.” Who knew??? :)

I think Kyler's favorite part of the trip was when he got to ride the train. (Big shock, right?!) He had gotten his money ready at home so he would be able to pay for his ticket. After the ride was over, he told me he really wished he could have ridden it twice. I told him he hadn't brought enough money to do that. It costs $2 per ride so I asked him if he wanted to ride it twice, how much money would he have needed to bring. Before I could even finish my question, he answered, “$4.” I'm telling you, he is good with numbers!

Overall, he had a great time and enjoyed learning about the animals and playing with his friends. Caden enjoyed it too. He was happy to sit in his stroller most of the time which made it easier on me.

Getting to pet one of the rabbits

It was fun to see the pretty bobcat

A peacock on top of one of the enclosures

The docent was trying to tell the boys something about raccoons

Caden chillin' in the stroller

The boys learning about bear paws

Me and Kyler on the train

Comin' round the bend :)

0 comments: