Saturday, April 16, 2011

Table Mountain

On Saturday, April 9, some friends of ours were going to hike around on Table Mountain up in Oroville. So Greg decided to take both the boys with him and go do it also. I was really sick that day so he was going to give me a break from childcare for the day. He left just after noon and didn't get home until around 8:30 that night. I have to tell you that was a really nice, relaxing afternoon by myself. I was able to rest a lot and give my body the down time it needed. And the boys had a wonderful time also.

They drove up there and started hiking. I guess in total they walked more than 6 miles which is pretty amazing for Kyler. Greg carried Caden on his back in the backpack and that worked really well. The kids were slathered in sunscreen and Caden had a hat on to protect his sensitive skin. I guess he was happy as a clam just riding in the backpack. Even when they would stop for a break, he sometimes wanted to remain sitting in it.

I have never been to Table Mountain but I guess there are some pretty steep inclines and some very high drop-offs. Kyler has no fear of any of this, so I was thankful for our friends on the trip who were able to help keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't throw himself over the edge. After all, Greg was less maneuverable with Caden on his back. But he did very well and made it safely up and down without incident. He also did really well walking all that way without too much complaining. Greg said the wildflowers were beautiful also. From the pictures it looks like they had a fun time.

Getting ready to go on a long walk

Look at the gorgeous wildflowers

Kyler scooting down the steep embankment with our friends watching over him carefully

Greg with Caden on his back, peeking out from under his hat!

Caden out of the pack at one of the stops

Kyler sitting very close to the edge!

Greg with Caden leaning very close to the edge :/ Yikes! It was probably good I wasn't there!

0 comments: