Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1st Day at a New School

Tuesday, January 3 was Kyler's first day at his new school. Last Thursday, we met with the Principal of the school so he could get to know Kyler and find out a little more about him. I guess he does that with all new students. He also took us on a tour of the school, including the Kindergarten classroom, which Kyler was most interested in.


In front of his new school


We have heard really great things about Kyler's teacher, before he even started here, so I know he will like her. It will just be a big adjustment from his last school. We adore Mrs. Altman and are so sad to leave her. In addition, he is going from a class of 6 kids (including Kyler), to a class of 26 kids! And, he's going from a half day program, to a full day program. Those are pretty big changes!

His first day went well. Caden and I stayed for the first 20 minutes or so to kind of get a feel for what the class is like. Kyler was pretty quiet and reserved as he was taking it all in. But when I picked him up from school, he said he had a really good day. He has a hard time remembering names, so when I asked him if he made any friends, he couldn't tell me who they were. But he said he did play with some kids during recess.

At the beginning of class on his 1st day


Instead of having a cubby in the classroom where he keeps his backpack and jacket, he now has his very own locker. I can't believe that! I didn't have a locker until I was in 7th grade! :) Kyler thinks it is fantastic though.

I'm not sure what the goofy face is about!


All in all, I think the transition went well. Of course, this is only the beginning, so we will see how it goes from here. Change is hard and there have been a lot of changes for our family in the last few months. Thank you for all your prayers!

0 comments: