Sunday, January 8, 2012

Moving Day!

Sunday, January 8 was the day our moving truck arrived from California with all our household belongings! We were VERY happy to see it arrive after being in transition for about three weeks. We spent the last two nights sleeping on the floor of our new house after the floors were finished and before the truck arrived. So we were quite thrilled for it's arrival because that meant sleeping in our own beds and being able to cook actual meals in our kitchen!


This is the first time we have had a moving company move our stuff and I have to say, it was awesome! They do all the heavy lifting, loading/unloading. I got to stand in the doorway and direct where I wanted things to go. That is my strength, so to speak. So I loved it! I hope we get to do that again the next time we move, whenever that may be. Although I hope it's not anytime soon because I do NOT like the process of moving!

Our household goods have arrived!

Not nearly as nice and open as the picture from
the previous post about our new floors!  :(

Caden was "supervising" the men
unloading the truck


What a long, busy, tiring day. And, I wasn't even the one doing the “hard” stuff. I am a little (well, okay, a lot) OCD. So I couldn't get these boxes unpacked and things put away fast enough. But this is where we started with quite a lot of chaos of boxes everywhere! Soon enough this will be home sweet home.  :)

0 comments: