Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shaina

When I was in college, I went on a mission trip to Jamaica. While on this trip, I met a 13-year-old girl, Shaina, who was there with her family and we became friends. She was like a little sister to me and I just loved her. Over the years we kept in touch even though we didn't get to see each other very often. But we had a special connection that I really valued.


She ended up moving to Spokane where she went to college and now she is working there. She is married now and doing very well. I've gotten to see her a few times over the years when I was in Spokane visiting my sister. But I hadn't seen her yet since I had moved back to Washington state. Since I was going to be in town for more than a week on this trip I figured it was the perfect opportunity for us to get together.

After we finished our appointment with the endocrinologist, we drove out to Shaina's house. She has a dog and Kyler had so much fun playing with the dog and giving him orders. He is a very well trained dog and Kyler LOVED being able to tell him what to do and have him obey! Caden, on the other hand, was terrified of the dog. This is pretty typical for him. He is scared of most animals even when we try to explain to him there is nothing to worry about. 


L-R: Kyler, Shawn, Shaina, Caden


The kids also had a really fun time playing with Shaina's husband and playing games she had. It was a fun visit and I am so glad we were able to spend some time together and catch up. Love you girl! Let's get together again soon.


0 comments: