Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Women of Faith

While Greg and Kyler were camping with family, I spent the weekend with my sisters at the Women of Faith conference in Spokane. My parents were kind enough to watch Caden for me while my sisters and I enjoyed a “Sister's Weekend!”


Every year my sisters and I try to get together for at least one weekend with just the three of us. It is a great time for sisterly love and bonding! :) This year we decided to attend Women of Faith together. Of the three of us, I am the only one who has attended the conference before and I went with my church in Sacramento.

We decided since we were making this a sister's weekend, that all of our children, except Kyler who was camping, should spend the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. Lucky for us, they agreed to take a 15-year-old, 14-year-old, 13-year-old, and 3-year-old for the weekend. That left Cheryl, Shelly and I to our own devices for the weekend. Cheryl's husband, Kent, was around, but he stayed out of the way and let us have our own time together. Of course much of the time, we were at the Spokane Arena for the conference.

I love WOF! It is so inspiring and I always leave there feeling like my cup is filled to overflowing. It was even more special to share that experience with my sisters. We went with Cheryl's church and our seats were amazing! We were 6 rows from the stage right in the middle. I have never been so close and it definitely made for an enjoyable experience. If you have never been, I highly recommend it. Here is a link to their website where you can learn more about it: http://www.womenoffaith.com/

After our conference was done on Saturday afternoon, we thought it would be fun to have some pictures taken of the three of us and have some prints made for our parents. Cheryl's husband is an excellent photographer and he agreed to help us do this. We went out to a field close to their house and took a bunch of pictures. I know my parents will enjoy getting them! 

 Cheryl, Shelly, Carey (in birth order!)  :)
 It was a fun weekend and I look forward to whatever we plan for next year. :)

Here's one more picture from the weekend, as we were getting ready to go our separate ways. Here are Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandkids except Kyler. 

L-R: Melissa (15), Grandma, Caden (3), Grandpa, Rylan (13), Charli Jo (14)

0 comments: