Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Catching Up

Wednesday, August 1, the kids and I got to visit an old friend of mine from college, Olivia. She lives in Spokane and we have been wanting to get our kids together to play. We were roommates one summer during college and we have remained friends since. I have two boys and she has two boys. And the craziest thing about this is that both of our younger sons have the same heart defect: Coarctation of the Aorta.


When I found out her son was in the hospital having his surgery, I was in Spokane for Christmas and was able to come visit them in the hospital. It was so great to see Olivia, but sad under the circumstances. I wanted to help them process through some of their feelings about the situation and be a support for them on their journey. It was so worth it to be there for them. I only wished I lived closer than three hours away so I could get together more often.

Being able to go to her house and have our boys all play together was such a a fun time! Her little guy was doing so amazing, you would have never known he recently had heart surgery except for the scar on his chest (in addition to his coarctation, he also had a VSD which required surgery so he had to have two surgeries). These heart kiddos are truly incredible! They are so resilient and come back stronger than before. 

L-R: Carston, Kyler, Caden, Henrik

 My dear friend, Olivia!

We all had such a fun time and the boys became instant friends! We need to get them together more often so they can play. It was so much fun! :)

0 comments: