Thursday, September 6, 2012

Caden's 1st Day of Preschool

What a big day! Caden's 1st day of preschool was Wednesday, September 5. I knew before this day came that it would be a little difficult for Caden. He is very attached to me and doesn't like new things or situations. So I knew he would probably scream and cry when I dropped him off. I also knew that the sooner I left, the faster he would calm down and begin to enjoy his day. I knew if I stayed longer to try to help him adjust, it would only make it harder when I did leave. I figured it was kind of like taking off a bandaid: just do it fast. Give him a hug and kiss goodbye and then turn and leave as fast as possible. That way he doesn't have too long to think about it.


The morning started off well and I talked to him about it during breakfast. I told him he was going to start school that day and that I would be leaving him there but I would be back to pick him up when school was over. He was okay with that. Then we took some pictures in front of our house to document the milestone day for him. He even did well with those. When we got to school to drop him off, I got a picture by the school sign and he did well there also. 






It wasn't until I signed him in and got ready to leave that he lost it. I had warned the teacher ahead of time that I was afraid how he would react. So she was prepared to come and take him from me when he started screaming. I hugged him, kissed him, and told him I would be back to pick him up in a few hours. Then I turned around and left the building as fast as I could.

Caden with his wonderful Teacher Melissa!

When I came to pick him up later, he was all smiles for me and told me how much fun he had. I knew this would be the case so I wasn't concerned about it. And the teacher told me he only screamed for about 30 seconds after I left. Then he said he wanted to get down and go back into the classroom. From then on he did great! He even made a craft that day (it was supposed to be a house, but he stacked the shapes instead of making them into a house).

 Here is his "house"  :)

Such a big boy! I can't believe he is old enough to be in preschool. And, I can't believe his health is good enough for him to be there either. God is good and has provided for us in so many ways!

0 comments: