Saturday, September 29, 2012

Jogathon Time Again

Kyler's school had their jogathon fundraiser on September 28. They were raising money for new bleachers for the gym. I didn't know how many laps he would do but they had two hours to do as many laps as possible. Last year they only had one hour and Kyler ran 11 laps. He was one lap short of doing three miles. I wasn't sure he would be able to keep going for the whole two hours this time or not and I put his goal to be 12 laps.


The kids in Kyler's class were very amped up and ready to run! They did some exercising and stretching before the starting siren went off. I was a “counter” and assigned to count the laps of 11 kids in Kyler's class.




Kyler got off to a slow start but soon he started running with his cousin, Mason, and his dad, who is the school's PE teacher. They stuck together until the very end when Mason tired a bit. But Kyler kept on going and he ended up running 31 laps! He was one lap short of running 8 miles! I could hardly believe it! In fact, Kyler won a medal for running the most laps in his 1st grade class. I know it is because of running with Mason that enabled Kyler to run so many laps. It's much more fun to run with a buddy.


I am so proud of him for keeping going even when he was tired. He even opted not to eat the snack provided until after he was done running. He just got on a roll and kept on going. Next time I need to do better about getting him more sponsors so he can raise more money. :)

0 comments: