Saturday, September 8, 2012

GI Referral

I decided to take Caden into his pediatrician because he has been complaining frequently about his tummy hurting. It is usually during mealtime so it seemed like an excuse not to eat. But I figured since he complained about it so much I really should get it checked out.


His pediatrician ordered several blood tests, all of which came back normal, so the next step is a referral to a Pediatric GI doctor in Spokane. The main reason for this is every time we ask him to point to the spot where it hurts, he points to the scar where they removed his g-tube. I wonder if there is some scar tissue that is pulling and making him uncomfortable when he eats. It's possible when the stomach expands while eating that there is scar tissue that pulls and hurts. So I want to get it checked out to see if they might have any thoughts. We'll see what comes of it.  We are scheduled to see them the week of Thanksgiving.

0 comments: