Monday, March 18, 2013

7 Years Old!

I don't know how it is possible that my baby is 7 years old! Time is racing by so quickly it seems like I can't keep up. It feels like I blinked and Kyler went from being a newborn to all grown up. He is such an amazing boy. He is so smart and silly. He has more energy than several adults combined! He loves riding his bike. He loves Legos, and anything else involving building things. He is always creating amazing structures around the house with various toys and objects he finds. Sometimes it feels like he has set “booby traps” because there are strings, and jump ropes, and zip ties, and rubber bands connecting this and that from place to place. It's pretty incredible the things he comes up with!


I really think he's a budding engineer in the making. His incredible visual-spacial abilities, and his building skills point in that direction. If he continues enjoying the things he does now, I think he's headed for that as a career. Of course we have a few years before he makes that decision, but we will see if his interests remain the same.

For his birthday, we celebrated in his Sabbath School class first. The kids sang to him and he got to pick out a small gift. 



Then, on Sunday morning, March 17, he got his present from us: a new bike with gears! He has been begging for one, and really needed one as he had outgrown his old bike. He was so excited to get on and ride around outside. It was pretty cute! I am so proud of him and how well he rides. He is so fast, it's hard to believe he never gets tired. :)



Sunday afternoon we had his birthday party at the bowling alley with several friends. It was really fun and I think all the kids enjoyed themselves. In Walla Walla, you never know what kind of weather you're going to have in March, but my guess is, most of the time it's going to be too cold to have a party outside. And there are limited options for indoor parties. But Kyler was really excited about having a bowling party. I was very happy my friend was able to make his birthday cake. Kyler helped me look on Pinterest for cake ideas, and he had two cakes he really liked and my friend was able to combine the things he liked about both of them into one cake. It turned out absolutely amazing and he loved it! The whole party was fantastic! 

 The amazing cake!



 Back row (L-R): Vinny, Conner, Finn, Cooper, Kyler,
Mateo, Mason, Rowan
Front row (L-R): Caden, Tonya

 Dad & Mom with the Happy Birthday Boy!

Monday, the 18th, was his actual birthday and I promised to bring treats in for his class. I met them as they went to lunch and handed out brownies I made in my mini muffin pan. It was just what Kyler wanted to hand out and the kids loved them. Then they all sang happy birthday to Kyler right before I had to leave to go pick up Caden from preschool.

Kyler at school wearing his birthday hat

Kyler had such a great few days of celebrating his birthday. We love him so much and are so proud of the young man he is becoming. Happy birthday, Kyler!

0 comments: