Friday, August 27, 2010

Heart Walk

The American Heart Association is having their Start! Heart Walk on September 18 in Sacramento. This will be the first year that our family participates in it and I plan to make it an annual event. I am so excited about it because we already have 10 or 12 friends and family joining us on the walk. And, the best thing about it is all the money my team raises goes directly to pediatric cardiovascular research. Yay! :) Caden & Kyler's team falls under the umbrella team of Mended Little Hearts of Sacramento and all the money raised under this umbrella goes specifically to pediatric research.

I would love to meet my goal of $2,000 and I have 3 weeks left. If anyone out there wants to join our team and walk with us (we're going to do the 1-mile loop), we would love to have you! If you are able to make a donation it really goes to a good cause. You can do both by clicking here. If it wasn't for funding like this in the past, I probably wouldn't have either of my boys today. I am incredibly grateful for the advances in medical technology that have given my children a chance at life. How can you resist these adorable faces?


If you are unable to join us or make a donation, please keep us in your prayers that we are all safe and healthy for the walk and that the funds raised will be used in the best manner possible. Thank you all!

0 comments: