Thursday, August 26, 2010

Zoo

Caden had his first trip to the Sacramento Zoo this week. Monday was “Target Free Admission Day” so we were all free. :) I wasn't able to find anyone to go with us, so it was just me, Kyler, Caden and Caden's nurse. As soon as Caden's PT session was over in the morning, we headed to the zoo.

It was a fun day for both the boys. Anytime we take Caden somewhere in the stroller, Kyler is always complaining that he wants to sit also. Lazy! He has more energy that 10 kids combined, yet he wants to sit! However, in order to save myself from the incessant whining I would inevitably hear, I decided to take both strollers so both the boys could have one. And, since Caden's nurse was with me, I had an extra pair of hands.

Overall, it was a good day. We spent a couple hours there which was enough. Kyler really enjoyed looking at all the animals. I'm not really sure what was his favorite, but he had fun. Caden seemed to have fun as well. His nurse is really good about showing him things and telling him all about them. I love that about her.

By the time we left, it was almost 1 pm and Caden normally takes a nap around noon. Needless to say, he was exhausted! (And, it was pretty hot outside) So, he crashed in the car on the way home which is unusual for him. He woke up when I got him out of the car but thankfully he went back to sleep as soon as I laid him down in his crib. He took a nice long nap that day!




Caden's nurse showing him the Orangutans



I LOVE this pic of my big kangaroo and my baby joey! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos! I have a mama and joey kangaroo of my kiddos from Ava's first trip to the zoo, too! :)