Saturday, October 30, 2010

Duck

For those of you who may not remember, Caden received a Duck blanket in the NICU at Stanford. It quickly became his most beloved possession and the only thing that could calm him down. I realized I needed a backup so I could wash one while he used the other one. And, if something happened to one, I had to make sure I had another one. The hospital mailed me a second one free of charge when I called and asked them for one.

Well, back in August, right before Greg & I went to Mexico for our anniversary, Caden's backup Duck had a problem. When I got him out of the dryer, the thread that defined his nostrils had come out and was loose. I told my Mom I wasn't sure what he would think about that. While we were gone, she tried to switch them out so she could wash the one he had been using. But as soon as she gave him Duck, he looked at his face, saw the loose thread, touched it with his finger and promptly flung him across the room in disgust! He wanted NOTHING to do with that Duck.

So, for the last two months we've just had the one duck for him. I finally asked a friend of mine if she thought she could fix the thread. She said it would be no problem. Last week, we got Duck back and when I gave him to Caden, he looked at his face and carried on with life. He didn't know any different. :) The backup Duck passed the test! I love having two Ducks again.

0 comments: