Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bright Start Love

On Tuesday I was really touched when I took Caden to speech therapy. To give you a little background, we have gone to Bright Start Therapies for therapy for many years, starting in 2007. Kyler received speech therapy there from 18 months – 3 years old, finishing right after Caden came home from the hospital at 2 months old. Then we started at Bright Start with Caden for PT when he was only 5 months old, so there was only a break of about 3 months that we weren't going there for therapy for one child or the other. So I would say we have gotten to know the owners/staff there quite well.

The owner of the clinic is Caden's speech therapist and her husband runs the clinic. Over the years we have gotten to know them pretty well and Caden immediately took to Dave. He loved him from the very beginning, even as a little baby. As Caden has gotten older, it becomes more and more obvious how much he adores him. In fact, one of his first two-word phrases was “Hi Day-Day.” He calls Dave, “Day.”

In therapy on Tuesday, Karen told me Dave had come home one night talking about Caden and how he was his “little buddy.” Dave said how much he loves him and enjoys seeing him every week. Karen said she felt the same way. She told me what a joy Caden was to work with and how she looked forward to every session with him because he is such a sweetheart. She said Caden was one of those kids who have had a profound impact on her and she knows she will never forget him. She is also VERY happy with the progress he is making and said she expects him to make HUGE gains in his speech and language in the next few months. In fact, she even ventured to say he will “probably” be age-appropriate by the time he turns 3!

Hearing her tell me all that made me cry to know how special my little man is. I mean, I know he is special, but to have other people recognize it and acknowledge it is something else. He is truly a sweet spirit and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. I mentioned something about Karen on facebook and what she had said about Caden. One of my friends responded with this: “Sounds like a God kiss for you Carey. I think the most beautiful thing to experience on this planet just may be someone loving not you, but your child.” I was very touched by this comment and it made me cry also. I think she is right. Somehow it is so special when someone loves your child almost as much as you do. Someone who can see how special they are and love them for it. So, if you have someone in your life like that, let them know. It could be just what they need to hear.

Tell me you don't love that face! He is so adorable!

0 comments: