Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Volunteering

On Monday, May 9, I volunteered in Kyler's preschool classroom for the last time this school year. I was really excited to be there because I love seeing Kyler in his element. He really loves this school and I am so sad the year is coming to an end. On the way to school Kyler was actually crying because he said how much he is going to miss his friends there. Next year he will be at a new school and will make all new friends. I didn't realize how hard this would be. :(

One of Kyler's favorite things to do during free play at school is to build train tracks, or anything else for that matter. He just likes to build things. He almost never does crafts, but he loves to build. So I had to get a picture of him with one of the creations he made that morning.




The day started off well and I was having a great time. But unfortunately, Kyler decided during his group time that he didn't want to participate and was being very rude and disrespectful to the teachers and to me. It was really sad for me to see that. I asked him if he would be acting like that if I wasn't there and he told me, “no.” So the bad attitude was just because I was there. :( That is the way the day ended. I told Kyler in the car on the way home that I was really sad that he acted that way. It was a hard way to end the year for me in terms of my volunteering in the classroom. I know he acts much better for the teachers when I'm not there though and every other time I've helped, he has done very well. Maybe this is his way of expressing his own feelings of sadness that he is going to a new school next year and won't be with the same friends or teachers.

0 comments: