Thursday, November 10, 2011

House Hunting

When we came to Walla Walla this to look for a place to live, I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. This is a very unique community in terms of housing options. There is a lot available right now but it is a very diverse group of houses. From one street to the next the quality of houses vary greatly. You can have a very nice, high-end house and right next to it is a dilapidated house that is barely still standing.

The biggest problem we keep encountering is either finding a house we liked, but in a location we didn't like or the lot was too small. Or, we found land we loved in a great location. But we just couldn't seem to find both a house and land that we liked at the same time. We really don't want to settle for something we're not going to be happy with. So this has been a big stress.

Greg started his job last Friday so most of the house hunting has been up to me. I have seen probably 85 homes in Walla Walla in the past week! It's exhausting! Lucky for Greg I narrowed the list down to 10 houses for him to look at. From those 10 we easily cut the list in half. The remaining five houses are very different from each other with distinct pros and cons. I am not sure what way we will end up going, but at least we have some options.

It has been a productive trip to Walla Walla and I am really glad I was able to come. It has been a fun week because we've gotten to see old friends and catch up with people we haven't seen in many years. We are definitely looking forward to moving back here.

We fly home tomorrow and then it's back to the busy daily routine at home. Greg will be home over the weekend and then he's back to Walla Walla to work during the week. It's going to be a very busy five-six weeks for us before we move! Hope we can get everything done that we need to in order to be ready.

1 comments:

Gina and the Gang said...

What a hard thing! I can honestly say, only my parents have been through it, not me! I can't wait for pictures on your final decision!