Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Swimming Lessons

For the months of April and May, I signed both boys up for swimming lessons through the local University pool. This is the first time Caden has had swimming lessons and I was a little nervous about it. But he adjusted really quickly to the pool and listened well to his teacher.


Kyler is able to swim but he is not a very proficient swimmer. I would call him “water safe” but he doesn't have a lot of endurance and doesn't do his strokes very well. Some of that is due to attitude and some to apprehension. Kyler is a perfectionist and doesn't like to do things he can't do perfectly. This makes life challenging as most of us have to practice in order to do things well. But as long as he continues to progress I am happy.

All ready to get in the water!

Caden using the kickboard with his teacher.

Kyler using the kickboard (he's in the middle).  Sorry for the blurry picture!


I love the fact that the pool is so close to our house; only about a mile away. And it is right near Kyler's school so we go right after we pick Kyler up after school. Have I mentioned how much I love living in a small town?! :)

0 comments: