Monday, December 15, 2008

Housing

Well, at long last, our wait is over. We got a call this morning from the social worker at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Stanford to let us know that we have a room at the Ronald McDonald House as of tomorrow, December 16. So, we are using our last night at home to finish up the packing, finalize all our financial items and get ready to go. We will check in sometime between 3 and 6 pm. It was nice to have a few more days at home to get more prepared to go. But, it will also be nice to be settled over there and be done with it.

Also, this afternoon, I had another NST (I go for them twice/week). Unfortunately, my uterus decided it needed to have a lot of contractions. I was on the monitor for 20 minutes and had 6 contractions. That makes everyone very nervous. So, the nurse called the doctor in, who just happened to be the same doctor who admitted me over night before Thanksgiving. I was so worried he was going to admit me again because when he looked at the monitor, he didn't like what he saw. He asked me when the last time I had my cervix checked and I told him it had been just over a week ago and I wasn't dilated at all at that point. He asked me if I wanted him to check it today and I told him I would be happy for him to do it if it meant I would get to go home. I told him we were relocating to Stanford tomorrow and really didn't want to spend tonight in the hospital. So, he checked my cervix and said it was still tightly closed (yay!) and that he thought I was only 50-75% effaced. This would mean that my cervix is getting longer and thicker, which is good news. He said since I was going to Stanford tomorrow, he would let me go home today. I was so happy, I practically ran to the car before he changed his mind.

Things are falling into place right now and we feel really good about it. In the last week or so, we have been so blessed by church members bringing us meals. This made things so much less stressful on us and made it that much easier for me to maintain strict bed rest.

Your prayers are still very much appreciated as we head to Stanford. We are hoping Caden stays put until 38 weeks. Based on how things have been going, I think we have a chance at it as long as I stay on bed rest. We'll keep the blog updated as things change and as we get more information.

1 comments:

Darcy said...

Keeping you all in my prayers as you get settled in at RMH. Praying that Caden stays put a little while longer.
darcy