Thursday, December 4, 2008

Perinatologist Update

This afternoon, December 4, I had another appointment with Dr. Chyu, the perinatologist. She did another ultrasound just to check things out again. Nothing new to note there really, except one thing. She mentioned that the umbilical cord is around Caden's neck twice. This is mildly concerning to us, but it is also not uncommon. And, I don't know that it will prevent a normal birth. Of course, it's good to recognize so that if Caden does go into distress during labor, they can do a c-section quickly and get him out. And, God has taken care of us so far, I know this is a minor concern that can be dealt with.

She also checked my cervix and said I am still not dilated (great news!) and she said it actually seemed like my cervix got thicker again. I'm not sure that's typical, but God has already worked miracles, so why not make my cervix thicker again? He's certainly capable! But, with the amount of contractions I am still having, bed rest remains for me.

After my appointment with Dr. Chyu, a very kind friend from church picked me up and drove me to my next appointment which was at a different office downtown. She was so sweet to do that for me since I am not supposed to be driving myself places right now and Greg couldn't take the time off work this afternoon to take me. My non stress test went well and Caden is flourishing in-utero. He is performing beautifully when they monitor him which means his central nervous system is mature and doing well. All good things!

And, as a follow-up on relocating to Stanford... I have spoken with the social worker at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital a couple times this week and she has been working on getting us into the Ronald McDonald House sometime next week. She told me yesterday they were unable to get us in starting on Monday, but there was a possibility of us getting in on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. We will have to wait to hear from her Tuesday morning to see if we got in on Tuesday or not. If not, it will be a day-by-day wait until we can. We'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens. God is in control and will take care of the situation for us. We just have to have faith in him. Keep us in your prayers as we prepare to pack and relocate our family temporarily. There are a lot of details to work on in the meantime.

My Mom will be leaving us on Saturday to head home and off on a trip of her own for the next couple weeks. So, we will be needing some additional help at home, especially with Kyler, until we are able to move over to Palo Alto. But, it will all work out and we'll keep you all posted on our progress.

1 comments:

Fer said...

Please do keep us updated. I hope they can get room for you at thr RMH soon :)
Fer