Monday, December 8, 2008

Relocation Update

I wanted to give an update on our relocation to Palo Alto. Beginning Friday and over the weekend, Greg & I were trying to coordinate childcare for Kyler during the day while Greg was at work until we moved. Once we got the word we could get into Ronald McDonald House (RMH), we were going to take Kyler to Greg's sister's house and leave him with her until my mom could return on December 20. However, we were having some trouble arranging childcare so we decided Greg would take Kyler to Natalie's house on Monday night. She has arranged for him to attend the day care center at her work. This will allow me to rest during the day and Greg to continue to work without the stress of juggling childcare. Our church members have signed up to bring us meals every day until we leave, which is so incredible and really helps us out!

I got a phone call from the social worker at Stanford this afternoon. She said she asked the director at RMH to give us a call this afternoon to let us know if we could get in on Tuesday or not. She said if I didn't hear from him by 4 pm, I should give him a call. I hadn't heard from him, so I called him and asked if they were going to have a room for us. He said they didn't have one available on Tuesday, but possibly Wednesday and I should call him back again late tomorrow afternoon to find out. So, we still don't know, but we are just taking it a day at a time until we can get in. My contractions really slowed down over the weekend and I am feeling pretty good as long as I stay off my feet as much as possible. I can definitely tell a difference in the amount of contractions I have in connection with how much I am doing. The days I have doctor's appointments, I always seem to have more contractions than the days I am home all day. So, as long as things remain stable, I can relax at home until a room opens up.

2 comments:

Fer said...

Many, many prayers for you Carey.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Carey. We are all praying for you. It's amazing what gravity can do so stay off your feet at all costs. We can't wait to meet Caden and look forward to having Kyler over for some playdates.
- Christina Moreno and the boys