Monday, February 18, 2013

Seattle

Saturday morning, February 16, I got up very early and flew from Walla Walla to Seattle to visit my dear friend, Melissa. We are friends from college and have kept in touch over the years. She had her first baby, Ethan, the week before Thanksgiving, and I was so excited to go meet him and spend some time with her and her family.


We have recently reconnected after a few years of very sparse contact. I am so grateful for her presence in my life. There are few people who are such a blessing to me as she is. She is a woman of God and is lifting me and my family up in prayer. During our time together over the two days I spent there, we prayed together and shared many things.

Saturday afternoon she drove me around the area where she lives. It was such a gorgeous, sunny day but it was quite windy. We enjoyed most of our sight-seeing from the car because of that. Ethan was such a trooper throughout the day and I had so much fun cuddling and snuggling him while I was there. He is a miracle baby also and it was so special to meet him. 





I left Seattle Sunday night feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after spending this time with Melissa. She has the gift of encouragement and seems to always have just the right thing to say. I wish I had that gift! I am lucky to have her in my life and have her lift me up as she does. I only hope I can do the same for her one day. Today I am praising God for such wonderful friends! 

How can you not love this adorable boy?!

Such a handsome boy!

So thankful for my dear and wonderful friend!  xoxo

0 comments: