Monday, February 4, 2013

Skiing Mt. Bachelor

Sunday, February 3 was quite a big day for us. Well, for me anyway... I went skiing for the first time in more than 13 years! I'm still not quite sure what possessed me to do this considering the chronic back issues I have! But I am glad I did because we had a great day.


We headed up the mountain fairly early so we could be there right when the lifts opened. We rented our skis in Bend at a pretty good price, and the chair lift for the beginner hill is free and that is where we planned to stay all day. It is quite a good arrangement to be honest! I figured I could ski with Kyler since he is pretty independent now, even though this was only his 2nd time skiing ever! And, Greg would be able to stay with Caden and help him since he requires much more hands-on assistance. It worked out to be a pretty good deal. However, there were a few times when Kyler had a complete meltdown that I questioned my ability to deal with him. In the end, everyone had a good time though.









After several hours, Caden was D-O-N-E! He was exhausted physically and emotionally and couldn't take it anymore. So I took him back to the car and we ate lunch while we waited for Greg and Kyler to do a few more runs. Then we headed down the mountain so we could be back in time to watch the Super Bowl.


I am so glad we were able to create these amazing memories for our boys. I hope these are times they will always look back on with happiness. I am so proud of how well both boys did skiing. I think they will be able to continue to develop their skills over the next many years.

0 comments: