Saturday, February 16, 2013

Skiing Again

Seems like all I've been posting on here lately is about skiing. I guess that's because it's been a big deal for us this winter. Kyler is loving it so much and I am so glad we are exposing him to it early so he can have years to improve and enjoy it!


Friday, February 15, I took Kyler skiing on my own. I was pretty nervous to do this because I haven't skied in so many years, not counting the bunny slope at Mt. Bachelor earlier this month. I am really afraid of falling and hurting my back, which is already not in great shape. But I knew how important it was to Kyler so I wanted us to have a good day together.

It turned out to be a great day! Kyler took a couple runs on the bunny hill before his lesson started. He was supposed to have a group lesson, but it turned out he was the only one at that time slot, so he ended up with a private lesson. And the instructor said I could tag along during the lesson. It worked out great for both of us! The instructor was perfect for Kyler. She really pushed him to do better and work harder yet she praised him generously when he did well. It was perfect! He did so incredibly well with her I was impressed. She even had us both doing intermediate runs by the end of the lesson! :)


Overall, Kyler and I had a great day together and I am so happy to be able to create these fun memories. I feel this is especially important given the fact that I have to leave Kyler at home for at least a month while I travel to California with Caden for his open heart surgery. I want to leave Kyler with happy memories of me while I am not able to be with him. 


I am so incredibly proud of Kyler and how well he has taken to skiing. He is truly doing amazing and I look forward to next year when he will have more opportunities to continue learning!

0 comments: