Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Birthday

An amazing thing happened as I was driving Kyler to school on Thursday, September 22. He had a small American flag he was playing with and I told him it reminded me of the song “There is a flag flying high in the castle of my heart”. He didn't know the song, so I sang it to him. Here are the words in case you haven't heard the song before:


There's a flag flying high in the castle of my heart
In the castle of my heart
In the castle of my heart
There's a flag flying high in the castle of my heart
For the King is in residence there

Let it fly in the sky let the whole world know
Let the whole world know
Let the whole world know
Let it fly in the sky let the whole world know
That the King is in residence there

When I finished the song it prompted an amazing conversation with Kyler. I told him that Jesus is the King and he lives in our heart. He asked me what “residence” meant so I told him that is where someone lives. I also explained that in countries where they have kings/queens, they fly a flag at the place where the king/queen is staying so everyone knows they are there. That helped him understand the meaning of the song more.

So I told him that when we have Christ in our heart, we need to fly our flag high so people know we are Christian and that we love God. We can do this by the way we act and how we treat others. He asked me if I had Jesus in my heart and I told him I did. Then he asked if Greg had Jesus in his heart and I told him he did too. Then, he asked if he had Jesus in his heart. I asked him if he had ever prayed and asked Jesus to come in his heart and he said he didn't remember. Then I asked if he wanted to do it right then and he said yes.

As I drove, we prayed together and he invited Jesus to come live in his heart. It was the most incredible moment for me as a Mom! I cried the rest of the way to school I was so happy. Knowing that Kyler loves Jesus and wants to have Him live within him means more to me than I can express. What a beautiful amazing day!  Kyler has a new birthday for us to celebrate!  

0 comments: