Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rubio's Fundraiser

On October 5, I took the kids to Rubio's for dinner to support Mended Little Hearts of Sacramento. We were holding a fundraiser there to help raise money and awareness for MLH. Unfortunately the weather was awful and the turnout wasn't so great. But we enjoyed the food and it got us out of the house so that was good. It is probably one of the last events I will do with MLH since we are moving. (Hmmm, I guess I need to make another post about that!)

I am very sad because I have been involved with MLH for awhile now and it makes me sad to leave. But I know the organization is in good hands with new leadership. However, I am sad to not be involved much anymore. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have had to be involved with this group of families supporting each other through some very tough times. I love being able to have my kids involved with other kids with heart defects so they don't feel “alone” and isolated. I want them to feel connected to other kids like themselves so hopefully I can find something like that where we are moving.

Kyler enjoying his burrito

0 comments: