Monday, December 19, 2011

Best Friends

Being a kid is hard. You don't have any choice in where you live or how long you live there or where you move to. You just have to go along wherever your parents take you. Poor Kyler has learned this the hard way. He had to say goodbye to his best friend, Brayden when we moved.


These boys have been friends since they day Kyler was born. Brayden's mom, Suzanne, and I made sure of that. We spent a lot of time together, therefore the boys spent a lot of time together. It wasn't always easy because of the 17-month age difference between them. However, as they grew up and matured, they became very close friends.

Suzanne and Brayden and Ellie drove us to the airport the morning we left Sacramento. So Brayden and Kyler had the opportunity for final hugs goodbye at the airport. I was also able to hug Suzanne one last time. I had been doing okay with my emotions in the car on the way to the airport, but as soon as we unloaded our luggage and said our goodbyes, I was a wreck. I couldn't hold the tears back and neither could Kyler. :(

Such bittersweet moments. I am so grateful the boys have such a deep love for each other. I know they will remain friends for a long time because of all the years they have spent together already. Brayden, thank you for being such a great friend to Kyler! We love you and your whole family so much!

0 comments: