Monday, December 12, 2011

Warm Water Therapy Goodbye

As I mentioned in my previous post, Caden received Warm Water Therapy once/week at Easter Seals with Erik for more than a year. We originally started him in the summer of 2010 but after a couple months, we took a break. At the time, Caden was having a really hard time adjusting to the water and to Erik. So, we decided to take a three-month break and come back to it again to see if things were better.

We started back up right around Thanksgiving that year. It got off to a little bit of a rocky start and I wasn't sure if Caden would “warm” up to being in the water or not. But after a few sessions, he seemed to settle in just fine and seemed to really enjoy it. I was very relieved because it meant I didn't have to get in the water with him anymore which was a huge relief to me!

Caden continued to receive warm water therapy up until the last week we lived in Sacramento. He really looked forward to it and would talk about it on days we weren't there. When we arrived at the pool, I had to hold him on my lap to keep him from running right into the water before Erik was ready for him. What a wonderful thing to see!

He has come so far and I am so grateful for all the opportunities he received when he needed them most. We can never say thank you enough to all the wonderful therapists in the early intervention program! They have changed our lives forever by giving Caden the help when he needed it most and when his brain was the most receptive and adaptable.



The pool where Caden had his water therapy

Just chillin' with a little help from the noodle (and I don't mean Erik!) ;)

Now he's riding the noodle like a horse

Getting ready to take some toys to another location to work

I love this picture of jumping in action! :)

Thank you for all the fun in the pool Erik!

0 comments: